[M3devel] recent problems?

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Tue Mar 17 04:05:24 CET 2009

The problem is not your changes, the problem is that putting C code can't be checked by a type safe checking process: I do agree the goodness of your checks, which may get things better, but unfortunately you have seen the effects of the this changes, we can't have human checking to solve unhidden bugs.
Compile type checking allows to discard problems in Modula-3 code and at least  a clue that something needs more checking in UNSAFE Modules or Interfaces.
You have changed that we depend no more on cloned platform dependent .i3 files, but on C code which it slef depends on unsafe C platform dependent thirdparty libraries. That is the problem is not now on the Modula-3 source code but in the actual platform. I can't agree that is safer than it was before, nor because of the language, or you, but of the thid party code. Now we have more code just that it's no more Modula-3, it's C but yes, is lesser code (well forgeting about C preprocessor).

I hope this is more clear of my ideas and any clue of what i am tryin to say here.

Thanks for your comments.