[M3devel] m3 CVS?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 25 22:44:11 CET 2009

/Apparently/ cvs to svn conversion is pretty easy and good.

svn is not "distributed", but at least it automatically keeps
originals locally so you can diff without accessing the server.

And browsing history where multiple files are commited
in one change works, vs. cvs.

svn branching doesn't really work, but that's probaby ok.
Maybe they have fixed it, but for a long time, svn
would not know what changes had been moved to which branches,
a pretty basic requirement. Perforce does this perfectly.
Perforce might be a good option if being open source lets
us get it for free. Otherwise it is expensive. It is an
excellent product.

svn is at least somewhat better than cvs.