[M3devel] ".." in INSTALL_ROOT derivates, LINUXLIBC6 & AMD64_LINUX, not serious but nasty one

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Sat May 23 09:12:28 CEST 2009

When ran with CM3_INSTALL_PREFIX set, cm3 -ship fails for first package
being shipped. Repeating cm3 -ship with same package, or any other,
succeeds, and all subsequent cm3 -ship are ok.

Most important thing which differs such "cm3 -ship" from others is
unpopulated directory tree. I've tracked this

% export CM3_INSTALL_PREFIX=/tmp/123
% cm3 -ship
. => /usr/local/cm3/pkg/pdf/LINUXLIBC6
  .M3EXPORTS        libhm3pdf.so.5
"/home/dragisha/m3/pdf/LINUXLIBC6/.M3SHIP", line 5: quake runtime error:
unable to create directory "/tmp/123/usr/local/cm3/bin/..": errno=17

to problem with non-existent /tmp/123/usr/local/cm3/bin. This first
unsuccessful cm3 -ship creates it, and after that cm3 -ship works. One
fix is to "mkdir -p" this folder before first shipping, and my first was
to sed .M3SHIP a bit...

Neither one is too elegant.

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>