[M3devel] missing M3_FRONT_FLAGS from libm3: m3overrides

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat May 16 23:52:07 CEST 2009

Peter can you can roughly
 backup your config file
 send me/us your config file (attachment to m3devel ok)
 cp src/cm3/m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/* /usr/local/cm3/bin

?

cm3.cfg might be in the neighboring config directory.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the user-editability of config files and you seem to have either a user-edited one or an old one.

Or did you start from scratch and run cminstall?? I don't think so but not sure.

The user-editability of config files is partly to allow adapting to inevitably local conditions but I think also a bit of a cop-out to not encode things in cm3.
If you correlate the number of questions cminstall asks with the editability of the config file, compare that to the number of questions or amount of editing or command line parameters typically involved with ./configure or apt-get install (often those are zero).

In my own "programming", the config files are a cop out related to my lack of comfort with Modula-3.