[M3devel] cm3 -O (cm3cg -O3)

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon May 25 04:46:27 CEST 2009

-O is not interpreted as -O3 currently.
One place to twiddle is
 m3-sys/cminstall/src/config-no-install/Unix.common

proc m3_backend(source, object, optimize, debug) is
<    return try_exec (m3back, args, source, "-o", object)
>    return try_exec (m3back, "-O3", args, source, "-o", object)
end

I realize that's not ideal.

I think if you:
 a) restore that so optimize => -O3

 b) and then maybe, I'm just looking/guessing just now

 scripts/regression/defs.sh

  BUILDSCRIPT="./scripts/do-cm3-${BSET}.sh"
..
      OMIT_GCC=yes ./scripts/do-cm3-core.sh realclean || exit 1
..
      OMIT_GCC=yes ./scripts/do-cm3-core.sh realclean || exit 1

probably omit one of them -- the one that uses the older compiler.
Adding -O to these should get through with Olaf's recent changes.