[M3devel] CM3 RELENG: suggestion for distribution packages

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Thu May 28 11:42:19 CEST 2009

Quoting Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>:

> On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 00:28 +0000, Jay wrote:
>>
>> > problem sorting out library packages and
>> > dependicies - same as we have right now.
>>
>> We have a problem sorting out dependencies?
>> I thought the main dilemna was one of "taste" -- too many installable
>> packages vs. too few. Or is it that "taste" and "dependencies" clash?
>
> My English can be hectic, but I think i wrote something like "partially
> ordered set of groups of packages". People usually do edit scripts when
> selecting what they need - and things like juno, mentor, games,, go
> out... My proposal is to make logical groups - neither "too many" nor
> "too few". And obviously not min "vs." "core" vs. "std" where variants
> are subsets..

Well, I made a suggestion how to classify the packages into disjunct
sets -- the only overlap is (should be?) between the base installation
packages (either min or core). There is no min, std, core in the -bin-ws-
packages.

So far I only got one comment about the bicycle package being in
two sets, which has been corrected.

Olaf