[M3devel] release engineering: RC4

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Nov 3 12:59:58 CET 2009

I've tagged RC4 yesterday night and made a test production on birch for
AMD64_LINUX which is available for download now (follow the RC3 links,
web pages not changed yet).

There have been 29 changes since the last RC:

http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/view/makedist/job/cm3-makedist-AMD64_LINUX/13/

The automated installation tests have passed, too:

http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/view/test-install/job/cm3-test-install-AMD64_LINUX/15/testReport/(root)/workspace%20installation%20archive%20tests/

If anybody would care to test manually for additional confirmation of the
quality of the archives that would be appreciated, too.

Just to make sure before I start building on all other platforms:

Are all relevant changes included? Is any important fix still missing?

What about these open tickets:

https://projects.elego.de/cm3/query?status=resolved&status=reopened&status=assigned&status=analyzed&status=new&status=accepted&group=status&milestone=CM3+Release+5.8+RC4

https://projects.elego.de/cm3/query?status=resolved&status=reopened&status=assigned&status=analyzed&status=new&status=accepted&group=status&milestone=CM3+release+5.8

Can we close any of them?