[M3devel] release engineering: RC4

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Nov 3 13:39:15 CET 2009

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

>  > juno/win32 heap corruption
>  > win32 threads/alert/race
>
> I think are ok.

Could you document the changes/fixes and close the tickets, please?

> I might run some more loops, but:
>
>    - enter/leave critical section mixup fixed
>
>    - head-only regression fixed
>
>    - suspend/resume mismatch fixed
>
> Might cover it. (Every time I figure out a bug I think that must be
> the last one. :) )

That's the daily experience of any programmer :-) To add to Einstein,
one could assume that there are actually three things in the universe
that are unlimited: space (unconfirmed), human stupidity and software
bugs. He couldn't know of those at that time of course ;-)

> OpenBSD is understood but not fixed. Their pthreads library is
> usermode and stinky. AND they don't have make/set/get/swapcontext.
>
> OpenBSD probably won't make this release. I'm working on it in head
> but initial two attempts didn't work.

No problem, I'll document that at the weekend.

> Reset my password?

I didn't reset anything. What are you talking about: trac or Hudson?
Or do you want me to reset it?

BTW, GUI administration should now work in trac.

Olaf