[M3devel] trac ticket hyper-link malformed in emailed self-notification

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Fri Nov 13 11:50:45 CET 2009

Quoting "Daniel Alejandro Benavides D." <dabenavidesd at yahoo.es>:

> Hi all:
> thanks for the link Michael, I wanted to tell you that in
> AMD64_LINUX RC4 kubuntu karmic (9.10) bug command line parameter is
> not present;  cm3 is working almost fine to me; but I noted a
> difference in shipping folder after assigning CM3 environment
> variable during bootstrap process so when redefining the value of
> CM3 (/usr/local/cm3/bin/cm3) with
> /usr/local/cm3/pkg/cm3/AMD64_LINUX/cm3 (for doing second step
> bootstrap compiler) and copying config files .cfg and config/ from
> original folder to later, and with that recompiling the all system I
>  get things being shipped to a different folder of where it was
> accustomed to be (i.e /usr/local/cm3/pkg/cm3/bin for me) when it is
> supposed to be shipped (i.e  to /usr/local/cm3/bin/ as before)
>
> I guess the reason for this behavior is the cm3.cfg file which has
> INSTALL_ROOT = (path() & "/..")

INSTALL_ROOT has been defined in this relative way for many months;
in fact, since we officially use Jay's cleaned up configuration files.
It's considered to be a feature, not a bug by most ;-)

> I could be wrong if this is the desired behavior but to my purpose I
>  think INSTALL_ROOT was supposed to be fixed with the cminstall
> process.
>
> Below I grabbed and copy the output of do-cm3-std.sh buildship:
>
> ../src/wheeler => /usr/local/cm3/pkg/cm3/pkg/mentor/src/wheeler
>   MiscFmt.m3        MiscFmt.i3        Wheeler.m3        Wheeler.i3
>   CharArraySort.m3  CharArraySort.i3
> ../src/zpaper => /usr/local/cm3/pkg/cm3/pkg/mentor/src/zpaper
>   Fn.i3             AlgFn.m3          AlgFn.i3          ViewFn.m3
>   ViewFn.i3         ViewMFn.m3        ViewMFn.i3        ViewHisto.m3
>   ViewHisto.i3
> . => /usr/local/cm3/pkg/cm3/bin
>   mentor
> ==> /home/dabenavidesd/code/cm3-5.8RC4/m3-demo/mentor done
>
> Now this packages are shipped (i.e different path) but whenever I
> try to compile with CM3 value
> (/usr/local/cm3/pkg/cm3/AMD64_LINUX/cm3) quake doesn't find packages
>  if invoking it with $CM3 to compile a different package
>
> Another building problem I saw but I couldn't grab it (I don't use
> any log file) was during this booting process, it got a a building
> error, I retried the same script to repeat but  with the same script
>  (do-pkg.sh buildship ) it compiled fine. I will repeat from
> beginning in another machine, later I will try to see where it gets.
>
> I tell you this relative INSTALL_ROOT behavior before creating the
> ticket if necessary I can do it.
>
> Thanks in advance

I don't really understand your compilation problems above;
but I hope somebody else will be looking into them as it may take
some time before I get to do it.

Olaf