[M3devel] "SYSTEM_LIBS contains X11"?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 30 10:38:28 CET 2009

Well.. what if, er, um, "formsvbt" was implemented on top of something
other than "trestle" or "m3-ui/ui"? Impossible?

A lot of gui apps don't depend /directly/ on Trestle.
For some definition of "Trestle".
Is "Trestle" just m3-ui/ui? Or all the *vbt packages? or?

Yes, granted, GTk, Qt, etc.

Still, I think something is off.
The mechanism is wrong.

Something somewhere in a dependency tree should decide for whatever
reason that it can't build, not something "bad" like "syntax error"
bu something "ok" like "not supported on this platform", and everything
up it in the dependency graph should automatically, like, just warn.

You know, every "import(foo)" line is like if HasFoo.

 - Jay