[M3devel] RC3 m3gdb on LINUXLIBC6

Rodney M. Bates rodney.m.bates at cox.net
Mon Oct 19 23:24:17 CEST 2009

Hmm, I've never seen this.  I don't know where install.sh is
coming from.  The only thing in the repository I  can find by
that name is inside the copy of readline that is in gdb, and it
is clearly not the script in question.

I always use scripts/do-cm3-m3gdb.sh or do-cm3-<whatever>.sh,
with build or buildship, which runs cm3 in m3-sys/m3gdb, which
uses m3-sys/m3gdb/src/m3makefile, which contains. starting at
 line 126:

% build the exportable link and man page and export them
cp_if ("gdb/gdb" & EXE, "m3gdb" & EXE)
BindExport ("m3gdb" & EXE)
ManPage ("m3gdb","1")

Note that the compiled executable is in m3-sys/m3gdb/LINUXLIBC6/gdb/gdb,
a different name than the one installed.  This is no doubt a leftover from
m3gdb's being derived from gdb.  The line 127 above looks like it takes care
of the rename.

For me, both "do-cm3-m3gdb ship" (in scripts) and  the cm3 -ship command
it executes (in m3-sys/m3gdb) install a copy in /usr/local/cm3/bin, as
expected.

Where does install.sh come from?