[M3devel] Fwd: Re: Status of threads for RC4?

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Mon Oct 26 15:07:55 CET 2009

OpenBSD user-level threading should work one way (using getcontext/
setcontext./swapcontext/makecontext if available there) or another
(emulating these using setjmp/longjmp and a documented approach to
synthesizing thread stacks using sigaltstack).  Pthread threading is
unlikely to work on OpenBSD until they fully support rthreads, but
since OpenBSD pthreads are user-level we might as well use our own
ThreadPosix implementation.  I don't know if the old (current RC
branch) ThreadPosix will work on OpenBSD or whether it would be worth
moving to the much improved version I implemented this weekend which
is now on trunk.