[M3devel] organization of scripts folder

Randy Coleburn rcoleburn at scires.com
Tue Oct 27 16:08:39 CET 2009

I install some of my scripts.
Not sure if anyone else uses them.

Nonetheless, I know that for me some of these scripts make cm3 easier to use on Windows.
For example, I have scripts that:
1.  Start the IDE.
2.  Set up all the paths and environment variables for operating cm3 and Microsoft linker / Visual Studio at the command shell.
3.  Open a cm3 command shell window in a particular folder.  I've integrated this with the Explorer context menu for even greater utility.
4.  Automate building of multiple packages based on the concept of a project.
etc.

Perhaps others would have similar scripts that should be available as part of the install.

So, I'm suggesting here that we make a conscious choice on a standardized way for folks to contribute such scripts with the intent that when the installs are built that these scripts get included.  End users are free to use the scripts, not use them, or even remove them after the product is installed.

What do others think?

Regards,
Randy Coleburn

>>> <jay.krell at cornell.edu> 10/27/2009 4:02 AM >>>