[M3devel] last RC3 tasks

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Sep 1 11:45:33 CEST 2009

Jay,

I have moved the current version on the release branch from RC3 to pre-RC4.
If you build any more packages for RC3, you have to explicitly set the
version via the DS variable (originally datestamp for snapshots).

I'd like to close the RC3 tasks in trac and retarget everything to the
final release or RC4. However, there are some open issues:

  o I think we should offer packages for I386_DARWIN.
    Could you provide them?

  o There are some packages named pre-RC3 in the download area from you.
    These should probably be removed?

  o What's the status of the MSI installer for Windows? Automation can
    wait until RC4, but can we have a package on birch?

  o AMD64_FREEBSD looks rather incomplete and old. Have you run any
    tests on it? Should it be removed?

When the packages are OK, I'd like to post a public announcement
on comp.lang.modula3 and www.modula3.org.

Olaf