[M3devel] win32 threads...now Juno sometimes hangs..

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Sep 29 13:19:06 CEST 2009

Hi Tony. Sorry, I had made one large error in ThreadWin32.m3.

At least. The Enter/Leave mechanical replacement error.

However even with that, the idle thread stuff seemed to cause problems.

It was there forever, I realize.

Also, I should have done this first, but anyway, later, I tried merging back in your changes from Feb 16.

Somewhat they are moot (lock vs. LockMutex).

Somewhat they are already there (WaitHeap, heapCond => condition).

Somewhat they are trivial (fixing error messages).

That leaves, in my analysis, the BroadcastHeap change.

With this change however, /sometimes/ Juno hangs.

Is this, like, somehow equivalent to the Posix hang?

Is the current code the "best"?

Oh darn..it hangs either way. Just not often.

Could that be "similar" to the pthread problem?

Any chance you can look at it?

Thanks,