[M3devel] $DISPLAY on Darwin

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 16 16:17:23 CEST 2009

For the record, I don't think this statement about DISPLAY is true.
I leave it at the default, which does resemble the wierd form shown.
With older cm3 that does cause a problem and it probably/might cause some slow down (not
using shared memory where it might otherwise be possible), but it seems to work ok.

(I have made many errors in checkin comments, not always noted.)

 - Jay

>>> Antony Hosking <hosking at elego.de> 9/11/2009 10:48 PM >>>
CVSROOT:/usr/cvs
Changes by:hosking at birch.09/09/11 22:48:37

Modified files:
cm3/m3-libs/m3core/src/thread/PTHREAD/: ThreadPThread.m3

Log message:
Mentor and Juno finally work on I386_DARWIN.
***Significant overhaul of thread alerting.***
Invariant now is that all waiting is done on the thread's own condition
variable.  This cleanly permits signals and alerts from any other thread.

Need  to set DISPLAY=:0.0 and xhost+ to get around problems with
DISPLAY=/tmp/launch-XXXXXX/:0.