[M3devel] more info on juno on windows

Randy Coleburn rcoleburn at scires.com
Tue Sep 22 23:58:52 CEST 2009

Tony:

I just tried these options.  Here are results:

recent cm3 on XP:  paranoidgc yeilds assert in RTCollector.m3 line 1706, while nogc gets assert in WinContext.m3 line 165.  I note that the juno window begins drawing before the crash on nogc whereas it does not on paranoidgc.

recent cm3 on Vista, same results as above except that it appears to reference an illegal memory location before hitting the assert in the RTCollector when using paranoidgc.

old d5.7.0 circa August 2008 on XP:  paranoidgc gets a repeating assert at line 845 in ThreadWin32.m3.  You have to hit Ctrl-C to abort the repeating error message.  Not sure if anything else happens first because it scrolls too far.  For nogc, we get same behavoir as the other tests above.

Regards,
Randy

>>> Tony Hosking <hosking at cs.purdue.edu> 9/22/2009 5:46 PM >>>
Have you tried running with @M3nogc?  And @M3paranoidgc?

Antony Hosking | Associate Professor | Computer Science | Purdue University

305 N. University Street | West Lafayette | IN 47907 | USA
Office +1 765 494 6001 | Mobile +1 765 427 5484