[M3devel] some new NT386 builds from release branch

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Apr 4 12:25:08 CEST 2010

http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/index.html

Has some new NT386 builds out of the release branch.

e.g.
  http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/cm3-all-x86-pre5.8.5-VC80.msi
  http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/cm3-all-x86-pre5.8.5-VC90.msi
  http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/cm3-min-x86-pre5.8.5-VC80.msi
  http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/cm3-min-x86-pre5.8.5-VC70.zip
  http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/cm3-min-x86-pre5.8.5-VC60.zip
  etc.

It is all very automated.
I can trivially update them if/when we fix more bugs.
It is really no trouble to support the older versions of Visual C++.
I can provide .msis or "all" for the older Visual C++ if anyone needs.
There's a bug that strongly suggests we should provide
separate per-toolset builds like this.
(#1077 win32 install problem's jkrell sw-bug medium installation current)

I've taken the liberty of assuming .msi and even .zip imply NT, thus the file names.

Next step maybe is for the web page to suggest the right target download,
like how http://www.mozilla.com does?
(with a link to other systems, etc.)