[M3devel] lock performance, random thoughts

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Thu Apr 8 00:06:29 CEST 2010

It's all about synchronization in kernel space, ie part of it when it
comes to kernel space through syscalls.

Context switching is lesser problem as it is what happens a lot less
often than synchronization.

Synchronization problem is with systems which are, unlike Linux, doing
syscalls on every pthread_mutex_lock and friends.

Hybridization of thread system (mixing user and kernel threads) is done
talk and I hope nobody takes such thing seriously anymore.

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>