[M3devel] releng 5.8 for I386_DARWIN

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Apr 17 14:03:17 CEST 2010

I don't actually understand the .M3SHIP breakage. Instead I made the code a bit more obviously correct -- apply some path canonicalization.

  I can understand that root/bin/../lib would prevent replacement with LIB_INSTALL, but BIN_INSTALL or INSTALL_ROOT should still have been unresolved.

There's still an inconsistency in that all but one of the unresolved paths do not end in a slash. But it should be ok. Just that that the slash will or not be unresolved along with the rest.

I understand it's not a great situation.

I'm going to rebuild I386_DARWIN and AMD64_DARWIN, sequentially.

 - Jay