[M3devel] Potential bug in RTAllocator.Clone, was: Fwd: Auto-discard notification

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Fri Aug 27 17:17:23 CEST 2010

Forwarded; sent before subscription was confirmed:

Info 	The following are the headers for this message/rfc822 message.
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 15:39:23 +0100
Subject: Potential bug in RTAllocator.Clone
From: Raja Mukherji <rajamukherji at gmail.com>
To: m3devel at elegosoft.com
   	2.1  	unnamed  	[text/plain]  	0.58 KB  	Download
Hi, this is my first post to the Modula-3 mailing list...

While using RTAllocator.Clone in a project, I kept getting errors
related to the type of the returned object. The debugger m3gdb
returned a TYPECODE of 0.
I think the cause is line 84 in RTAllocator.m3 which currently reads

res := AllocTraced(dataSize, def.dataAlignment, thread^);

which doesn't seem to set the header of the clone. Changing it to

res := LOOPHOLE(GetTraced(def), ADDRESS);

seems to fix the problems, but since I'm not that familiar with the
object representation I thought I should ask here first.

Thanks,
Raja

----- Forwarded message from m3devel-bounces at elegosoft.com -----