[M3devel] Short status of CM3 Hudson regression testing on opencsw.org machines

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Aug 10 13:43:49 CEST 2010

Quoting Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:

> Hi Olaf,
>
> Am 09.08.2010 um 17:01 schrieb Olaf Wagner:
>> Quoting Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:

>>> Interesting. current*s are all running on the same physical
>>> machine as zones,
>>> whereas current*x are located on a vSphere farm. Do you have a specific
>>> command sequence which I can try to reproduce the problem?
>>
>> I'm not yet able to reproduce it manually; I only see it in the
>> Hudson jobs (failing right away when computing the changelog).
>>
>> If you want, I can setup a job for test purposes and you can get
>> Hudson access.
>
> I can't promise I can fix this but if you set something up I may look
> in the next few days.

I finally managed to reproduce the problem in the build step of
a Hudson job, and got this after enabling tracing:

  -> rename(CVS/Entries.Backup,CVS/Entries)
  -> unlink_file(CVS/Entries.Log)
cvs update: inflate: unknown compression method
cvs [update aborted]: reading from server: I/O error
  -> Lock_Cleanup()
Finished: FAILURE

Is there a different/an older gzip library on current10x?

see http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/opencsw10x-test/21/console
and http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/opencsw10x-test/20/console

>>> Are you using cvs stable (1.11.23) or feature (1.12.13)?
>>
>> Stable. I'll try with 1.12.13, too (haven't seen that around).
>> Is it installed anywhere??
>
> That is here:
> /opt/csw/cvs-feature/bin/cvs

Will it help if I try that, or does it use the same gzip lib?

Olaf