[M3devel] Short status of CM3 Hudson regression testing on opencsw.org machines

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Thu Aug 12 09:12:07 CEST 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> Olaf I think we should do a bit more research here, but I also think
>  we have a few easy options.
>
>  - build our own cvs, put it in $HOME/bin.
>  - copy cvs from another machine (e.g. 9x, 8x), put it in $HOME/bin
>  - drop in a stub cvs in $HOME/bin that remove the -z option and
> then execs the "real" cvs, like how
>    we convince Hudson that our java -version is ok.

These are not really easy, as we need to make Hudson running in
the Winstone container started by ssh pick up the correct CVS.
We don't want to start it explicitly in our jobs. But of course
it can be done, I just haven't found the time to try.

BTW, it is not evident that our self-built CVS would work better,
especially, if the problem is really in the compressen library.

I won't have time to do much until the weekend.

Olaf