[M3devel] Installation difficulties in FreeBSD 8.1 x86

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 17:49:33 CEST 2010

On 22 August 2010 22:43, Olaf Wagner <wagner at elegosoft.com> wrote:

> AFAIK FreeBSD always offered so-called compatibility distributions,
> which contain all old libraries of previous systems. You should be
> able to install these with the FreeBSD installer and then run cm3
> and build your own binary which uses the up-to-date libs.

I'm looking at FreeBSD.org and I'm not seeing anything like that at all.
 Sysintall doesn't offer anything like that under "distributions" either.
 Sorry for being such a newb here, but I really have no idea where to even
LOOK for the next step.

--
"Perhaps people don't believe this, but throughout all of the discussions of
entering China our focus has really been what's best for the Chinese people.