[M3devel] CM3 services and Elego support, was: Re: conversion to another version control system

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sun Aug 29 20:43:28 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 03:58:21PM +0200, Olaf Wagner wrote:

>> I would also like a system that doesn't drop files/directories all
>> over the place. Just in the root of a checkout should
>> suffice and be ideal. CVS is awful here and I believe SVN is too.
>
> The working copy overhaul expected to be included in SVN 1.7 will
> keep all metadata at the root of the checkout in an SQL database.

There's some mechanism in monotone to handle checkouts from one package
in a subdirectory of a checkout of another package, possibly from
another repository.  I don't kno whow it works.  Other than this, all
the metadata is indeed kept in the _MTN subdirectory of the root
directory of a workspace.

-- hendrik