[M3devel] Enumeration or subrange value out of range

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Thu Dec 2 10:29:24 CET 2010

On Dec 2, 2010, at 10:17 AM, Jay K wrote:

> The gcc intermediate form does support exception handling.
> Efficient exception handling doesn't motivate gcc to llvm switch.
> As well, generating C++ is a good option for this reason.
>   At least on non-NT/Tru64/VMS systems.
> As well, since this is multiple axes, an initial C backend could generate code
> like we do today -- pthread_getspecific/setjmp.
>
> Switching to LLVM is a big task.

As big as making C++ backend?

I don't see it as a switch. Just as another backend.

And yes, I know it's easier from audience. It is your call, but anything C, C++, GCC is pain long term. We will probably all reap benefits of that C backend, as good intermediate solution if nothing else, but sooner we settle on LLVM, and forget GCC's wriggling backend, better.