[M3devel] swig

Mika Nystrom mika at async.caltech.edu
Mon Dec 20 13:43:13 CET 2010

=?utf-8?Q?Dragi=C5=A1a_Duri=C4=87?= writes:
>Hi,
>
>GNU Modula-2 has this: http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/gm2.html#SEC23, and =
>it's probably interesting for us too. Fancy approach there - instead of =
>including a language parser into SWIG proper, a compiler emits .i files. =
>SWIG is then used to process it to "client" platforms.

One could also use m3tk for this.  That's the approach I take for my
Scheme environment, which I in principle have no objections to releasing,
but haven't had the time to clean up properly.. (like so many other things).

Of course since my Scheme interpreter is written in Modula-3, my code
is (in principle) independent of implementation decisions in the Modula-3
compiler.  (The code that the compiler sees is pure Modula-3.)

    Mika