[M3devel] 5.8 Release?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Feb 1 11:52:15 CET 2010

Quoting Tony Hosking <hosking at cs.purdue.edu>:

> Surely we are close.  What stability issues are there on the release branch?

Jay seems to have been hardworking to bring the release branch up-to-date.
The last changes are about a week old now though. See FreeBSD or any other
target for a list:

http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/view/AMD64_FREEBSD/job/cm3-build-AMD64_FREEBSD/changes

On this platform CVSup, db, odbc and m3gdb are still failing/missing:

http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-test-all-pkgs-AMD64_FREEBSD/12/testReport/

CVSup also fails on Linux, 32 and 64 bit:

http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-test-all-pkgs-AMD64_LINUX/297/testReport/

http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-test-all-pkgs-LINUXLIBC6/147/testReport/

Windows shows even more test failures:

   http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-test-all-pkgs-NT386/154/testReport/

Solaris seems to have some severe problems:

   http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-test-all-pkgs-SOLgnu/87/testReport/
   http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-test-all-pkgs-SOLsun/83/testReport/

Darwin, PPC_Linux and OPENBSD haven't been built/tested for month
(no servers available) as has FreeBSD4 (I still want to set that up again
on one of our machines, but didn't get round till now).

So I'd say there's still a lot of tedious work before we can schedule
another release package build.

Anybody able and willing to fix some of the problems reported above
is encouraged to do so.

Olaf