[M3devel] portable/less portable test variations

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 24 13:41:12 CET 2010

I'd like to write tests that, given different command line parameters,

will either output totally portable results, or only somewhat portable, where "somewhat"

probably means either portable to particular wordsize or portable to wordsize+endian.

Worst case, completely platform specific.

We'd have 1, 3, or 5 checked in expected results.

  Or possibly 1+n (portable + n platforms).

  This case is less useful, because it takes away the ability to compare, e.g. LINUXLIBC6 to NT386.

The test would run twice, with and without the command line option.

I guess it is about as much work to implement as to describe, but I've let it drag out.

I have tests that would benefit from this.