[M3devel] TInt/TWord/N

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 27 05:48:36 CET 2010

Tony, I just don't understand what is wrong with TIntN, TWordN.
  They are what TInt/TWord did for a long time after all. ?
Sometimes we have 4 byte integers, sometimes 8. When 4, we want overflow checking in 4, for every single operation, not just a chop when they end up in a register or such. Right? It seems natural to bundle that up conveniently. And putting them in m3middle didn't seem so contaminating to me, since they layer thinly over Target.Int. Nor do I know what the fix is, short of inlining the repitious conversions and checks.