[M3devel] platform-independent packing/alignment?

Rodney M. Bates rodney_bates at lcwb.coop
Mon Feb 1 21:00:51 CET 2010

I too have had trouble pickling MUTEXs or subtypes thereof, even when
writing and reading on the same target.  I think it was some runaway
recursion in pickle code, maybe even while writing.

I just worked around it by eliminating the MUTEXs from the pickle.
But eventually, somebody may want to pickle an elaborate subtype
of MUTEX and find it hard to separate them, so we should someday
fix this.