[M3devel] More testing needed for m3back, was: RE: m3back/longint/atomics

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Thu Feb 18 12:51:17 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:57:34PM +0100, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> If I understand Jay correctly, it wouldn't be too difficult to bring
> the m3ack LONGINT changes for Windows into the release branch, but
> more testing would be needed.
>
> Randy, you're the only one I remember offhand who actively uses M3
> on Windows except for Jay. Could you have a closer look at it?
> (Changes are only on the trunk right now.)
>
> Or is anybody else here lurking and eager to do some Windows-based tests?
>
> If nobody volunteers, I'm afraid we will have to release without 64bit
> LONGINT on Windows.

I'm somewhat interested in getting my programs working on Windows, but I
haven't yet installed *anything* on the pristine XP on my netbook.  I'm
hesitant about connecting it to the net; the only antivirus I have is
refraining from using Windows, and it works fairly well(!).  As far as I
know, I have no way of reinstalling Windows if my Windows is damaged.

I/m mostly interested in getting my software into a state where Windows
nonprogrammers can use it; I use Linux myself.

What would I need to do (from scratch; I'm not a Windows user; I just
happened not to delete Windows when I installed Linux)?  The
machine is A 32-bit intel, and so it just might not be relevant to
testing 64-bit LONGINT.

-- hendrik