[M3devel] diffs in checkin comments

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Feb 22 15:43:50 CET 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> I know I started this, and I'm still undecided, but, right now, the
> diffs in comments makes it hard to scroll through history, too much
> distance between versions. e.g.
> http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/m3-sys/m3back/src/Stackx86.m3

Well, yes, actually diffs are derivable information and shouldn't be
stored in the change log.

> It would be super duper nice if the m3commit mail automatically
> included the (unified) diffs though.

Jay, I haven't got the time, but we would need to adapt one of the
Perl scripts in the CVSROOT of cm3 to do that.

I don't know how difficult it would be (and won't try as I'm not
really good in Perl and haven't got the time right now), but a decent
Perl hacker should be able to do the job quickly ;-)

Any volunteers?

Olaf