[M3devel] scope/resolution of foo in interface foo = foo(bar)

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 1 23:56:00 CET 2010

I can understand that the name on the left isn't in scope "yet" on the right,
but what is the algorithm for anyone else using IMPORT?

import foo;
import foo(bar);
import foo(bar) as foobar;
import foo(bar).T as fooT;

I doubt all but the first of these are legal, but I also don't think they are very far fetched
in terms of being reasonable constructs and not difficult to implement.

And I'm not sure the presence of the '(' is enough disambiguation for a quick human reader
or a pleasantly simply enough implementation, but maybe.

All that is to say, I don't think disallowing interface foo = foo(bar) is so bad.

 - Jay