[M3devel] still need a branch for longint changes?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Jan 9 03:16:57 CET 2010

Still need a branch for longint changes?
 I doubt what I have is where we are going, though it is a step toward it.
 Just wait for Tony to implement Rodney's proposal?
 Or I work on it in a branch? It doesn't look too difficult to at least mostly do. I already have "mixed" stuff compiling and assignability INTEGER to LONGINT. I didn't yet do anything requiring runtime checks, but it's not that hard to do, given that there are already checks for assignment involving only partly overlapping ranges.

Or maybe just take my stuff to the mainline and then refine/reduce it later?