[M3devel] another longint variant

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Jan 9 20:33:45 CET 2010

I don't believe that suffices but I can check again.

 - Jay

Subject: Re: [M3devel] another longint variant
From: hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:30:55 -0500
CC: m3devel at elegosoft.com
To: jay.krell at cornell.edu

Jay, what are the implications of just having assignability rather than mixed arithmetic?  Can you work through that change?   My preference right now is to allow assignability (range-checked, of course) but not mixed arithmetic.  The simple little patch I sent you for Type.IsAssignable on ordinals should allow you to test things. As far as I can tell, that will simply work...