[M3devel] merging head m3front to release

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Thu Jan 14 14:44:54 CET 2010

On 14 Jan 2010, at 05:23, Jay K wrote:

>  > merging head m3front to release
>
> The changes are big and I don't understand them right away.
> Just do a wholesale copy?
> (and remember related changes to m3tk and m3core)
>
> A parameter got renamed lhs => traced or vice versa
> through a lot of the code, but not always. And the value
> of it sometimes changed but not always.

That's not related to LONGINT, but is in fact a performance bug fix (eliminates a number of unnecessary GC barriers).

I won't have time to do the merge for at least a couple of weeks.  But, yes, I would plan on a wholesale copy.
Yes, not to forget the other changes too.  I think there were a few other places where the change to using VAL for all conversions required turning ORD into VAL.