[M3devel] Hello m3devel.

Coleburn, Randy rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
Sat Jan 16 02:09:02 CET 2010

Chris:

Glad to have you on board.  Welcome!

We always seem to have a long list of to-do items and a shorter list of folks to help, so thanks for your offer.

As you become more familiar with Modula-3, don’t hesitate to reach out to me, or to the development group.

Glad to hear your learning experience so far has been good.  That is one of the primary goals of Modula-3.

I’ve been using Modula-3 for over 16 years now; and Modula-2 before that (among other languages).  Right now I’m primarily using Modula-3 on various Windows’ platforms, so I won’t be much help with AMD64_LINUX issues, though I have and do use other Linux flavors.

The next major hurdle for the development team is to finish up the next release.  Maybe you can help test on your platform.

Regards,
Randy Coleburn

From: Highjinks at gmx.com [mailto:Highjinks at gmx.com]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 4:47 PM
To: m3devel at elegosoft.com
Subject: [M3devel] Hello m3devel.

Just dropping in to say "Hi" and let you guys know what I'm up to.

Since I'm new to the list, and Modula 3, I wont clog up the list with novice questions. However, I do have fifteen years experience developing in Assembler, C, Ada, and Forth. I'm picking up Modula3, IMO, about an order of magnitude faster than I picked up Ada.

My current platform is the AMD64_LINUX setup. And from the looks of it the development team here has been struggling a bit with 32bit/64bit issues. Is my observation correct? If so, what could I, an M3 newbie, do to assist?

I'm checking out the CM3 sources, anonymously, from the repository right now.

If there is anything I can do, just let me know.
--
Chris <Highjinks at gmx.com>