[M3devel] Release Engineering: 5.8 --> 5.9? was: Re: release vs. head?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sun Jan 17 19:44:29 CET 2010

Quoting Tony Hosking <hosking at cs.purdue.edu>:

> I think that we are closest now to a release we can be happy with
> than for some time.  It would be a huge shame not to push this out
> the door.

OK, I doubt there is very much interest from other users how we do this,
so let's be unorthodox again ;-) Let's just stick to the existing
release branch and let RC 5.8.5 be somewhat incompatible with RC 5.8.4.
Everything else would be too much hassle for too few users
(at least I think so). As I doubt there's anybody who wants to start
the release engineering again, we will just use the existing branch
and move forward.

Any objections?

Olaf