[M3devel] barrier labels?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 13 08:38:05 CEST 2010

I don't know. There is so much unknown here. It is frustrating and difficult.
We could use an extensive set of test cases.
  Or know more about the test cases we do have.
And it'd be nice to see if anything varies in the 4.3 path if we put the labels on that list or not.

tangent:

I'd like automation that compiles the whole system, multiple architectures, and puts all the *s files in one flat
directory per architecture. I guess it's just a matter of a little code.
    It should just skip the few errors that are cross problems, which I should fix anyway.
    That particular problem makes me a little nervous, but I suppose I can code it to use both INTEGER and Target.Int
       if doing a native build, and assert that the results match.
I hit a snag yesterday, can't build any tests (just to assembly) without first shipping m3core/libm3.
Can't ship m3core/libm3 for cross building.
I guess, and I forgot this, I should have used -x for override. Duh.
That's why I tried I386_DARWIN for some current 4.5 problems vs. SOLgnu, to escape cross building. Oops.