[M3devel] FreeBSD atomics

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 28 19:40:26 CEST 2010

I don't get it. Maybe old config files still??

It works for me:

%./gcc 1.c -march=i586
%cat 1.c
long long F1(long long* a, long long b)
{
  return __sync_fetch_and_and_8(a, b);
}

int main()
{
}

%uname -a
FreeBSD fbsd4 4.11-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE #0: Fri Jan 21 17:21:22 GMT 2005     root at perseus.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
%./gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i386-unknown-freebsd4.11
Configured with: /home/jay/src/gcc-4.3.4/configure -disable-nls -prefix=/home/jay/gcc-4.3.4
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.4 (GCC)
%

I'll wait. Maybe the config files are old.
Really this stuff should be the same across all I386 targets, unless maybe sometimes the "operating system" implies a minimum supported processor architecture.