[M3devel] RC4

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sat Mar 6 07:22:08 CET 2010

I installed a few packages of RC4 a while ago for Debiaan Squeeze Linux
on intel 32-bit, and have had no problems with them.  They work just
fine,

I installed the core package, and then gui and m3gdb.

WHile installing I noticed the following:

The installation instructions told me to use a new empty
directory to unpack packages.  Is it a new empty directory for each
package, or can I use the same one for all packages?  If I use the
same one, should I empty it before each package?  And should this be
different from the directory where I unpacked
cm3-bin-ws-m3devtool-TARGET-VERSION.tgz?  I made a new directory to
unpack each package, but the instructions should be more explicit.

There should be some mention which packages depend on which others.  I
suspect, for example,  that juno requires gui.  Such constraints should
be mentioned in the installatioin instructions.

-- hendrik