[M3devel] Mx86.m3 vs. stackx86.m3?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 15 03:51:54 CET 2010

Does anyone understand and can explain the rationale

to put some things in Mx86.m3 and some in Stackx86.m3?

It seems arbitrary in many places to me.

For exampe, in the release branch, compare

M3x86 shift, shift_left, shift_right.

shift_left and shift_right do the work themselves, but

shift calls stack.doshift.

In this I case merged all the code into stack.doshift,

with an enum to indicate which of the three types of shifts to do.

rotate is still the old way.

(I don't yet inline 64bit rotates without constants.)

Also, I assume "vstack" means "virtual stack"?