[M3devel] cvsup

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 16 17:10:15 CET 2010

I could have sworn I had not seen hanging with sbrk or map_shared, but I can't get that now.

I'll dig a bit more..maybe not today.

To be clear, this isn't even the usual fork+exec. This is fork + do work + exit.

We can probably fix it by having it create a Modula-3 thread.

   The first fork (daemonize) is probably fine. It is the per-client one that I think is a problem.

I'd like to find a theory as to why it ever worked, maybe see it work, and then fix it differently.

  Maybe sbrk + user threads?

(Can anyone claim to have seen cvsup server work with kernel threads?)

 - Jay