[M3devel] cvsup/fork fix

wagner at elegosoft.com wagner at elegosoft.com
Sat Mar 27 18:46:59 CET 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> attached is looking pretty good
> cvsup seems to work on Darwin, kernel threads or user threads
>
> I do see:
> 2010.03.20 13:47:08 PDT [62878]: -0 [0Kin+0Kout] ChannelMux protocol
>  error: Expected EOF, didn't get it
>
> but it seems any combination does that.
> I could try again with no diffs and userthreads.

What's the status of the fork/threads fixes needed to make CVSup work
again?

Any chance to get something into the release branch in order to go
ahead with RC5?

There was also an issue reported with the client. I tried to run it
to update the CM3 repository, and it stalls immediately:

% /usr/local/cm3/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 -P m -l LOCK_cvsup cvsupfile.cm3
Parsing supfile "cvsupfile.cm3"
Connecting to birch.elego.de
Connected to birch.elego.de
Server software version: release_DCVS_1_0_3_rc8_at_old_elego_de
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection

If I run it in the FreeBSD gdb though, it doesn't hang and works
as expected (apart from the unnecessary SetAttrs operations).

This is with the latest sources from the release branch. It's not
deterministic though; sometimes it gets on with its work.

I'll try again to catch the deadlock in the debugger.
Any other ideas?

Olaf