[M3devel] cvsup/fork

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun Mar 28 10:44:39 CEST 2010

Mostly nevermind. I'm not seeing the EOF warnings on Linux/x86.

Maybe they were Darwin only.

I'll look into that "later", but based on Linux/x86 I'll proceed with the fixes.

 - Jay

From: jay.krell at cornell.edu
To: m3devel at elegosoft.com
Subject: cvsup/fork
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 01:26:54 +0000

The "unexpected EOF" warnings in cvsup worry me, but
I'm not sure I have a chance of figuring them out particularly soon.
I fear I'll have to read the code a fair amount and look for race conditions,
given the intermittent behavior.

The changes in m3core which make it work better are correct
seemingly independently.
I'm inclined to just go with them, at least the pthread part.

The EOF warning shows up in the current version even, with user threads,
about 1 in 10 times.

I'm not seeing m3commit mails. Just me?