[M3devel] userthreads vs. pthreads performance?

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Sun Mar 28 12:15:57 CEST 2010

CVSup w/ user threads is not faster because user threads are faster - it
is faster because it's buggy behaviour manifests only with kernel
threads. IMO.

Algorithm-wise - at least on Linux NPTL is O(1) decision making time, ie
switching threads. User threads are lots of linear list walking. Figure
how efficient it is. Process management "science" has gone long way
since "founding fathers" did user threads thingy.

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>