[M3devel] m3back directions?

Tony Hosking hosking at cs.purdue.edu
Wed Mar 31 16:02:36 CEST 2010

On 31 Mar 2010, at 00:41, Jay K wrote:

> I'm curious what, if anything, people are interested in in m3back?

Simple. Fast.  It is target-dependent so optimising there is misguided effort unless the opts are target-dependent (instruction selection, register allocation!).  We don't have resources to maintain a sophisticated backend.  Better to rely on other tools.  There was a Linux version in pm3 that we should be able to model on.