[M3devel] random.longint()?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu May 20 16:04:45 CEST 2010

I'm just going to leave it alone.
There's already code that checks BITSIZE(INTEGER) and makes one or two calls accordingly.

More interesting probably..but again probably nothing from me..is using modern OS
sources of randomness, entropy, random numbers.

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/drand48.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptGenRandom

You know..sometimes underlying system doesn't offer much and you do it yourself.
Sometimes the underlying systems catch up..