[M3devel] OS for CM3

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sun May 23 01:40:46 CEST 2010

ps: Slackware was fine back when I used it. RedHat is ok, but it at least used to take forever to do any package management compared to Ubuntu/Debian.
Suse has/had RedHat's problem, also being rpm basedi but also seemed to lead in gui/managability.

Anyway, other than Mac and NT, all my other systems are now ssh command line and impossible to do much with. :)

ps: I also like *BSD due to the reduced number of choices, and the "integrated build", where you can build a bit
more in one nice go, not just the kernel. Linux is so darn chaotic.
But I rarely take any advantage of this.
I would really like, whatever I run, to build the entire thing from source, and do it fairly easily.
 Have the whole thing be debuggable.
 Cross building support would be nice too, though lately people seem to give up and use qemu.
  Too much building stuff wants to run as it builds, like using autoconf.